Sweet Dolç d’en Piqué
Dolç d’en Piqué
- Varieties: Greanche, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Soil: Llicorella (slate).
- Vinification: 20 days at controlled temperature of 30ºC in stainless steel tanks.
- Aging: 12 months in new french oak barrels of 400 liters
- Service: Serve at 16ºC.
- Evolution: in good conditions, this bottle will evolve positively for at least the next 10 years.
Extreme conditions of temperature during the summer and the concentration in the grapes provided by the terroir allow us to produce this excellent red sweet wine. Grapes were naturally overripe until the perfect point before they were harvested. We stopped the alcoholic fermentation to leave the residual sugars that give the sweetness, smoothness and character to the wine.
Dolç d’en Piqué is a wine that has intense deep ruby colour with purple tones, a great aromatic intensity and complexity with explicit presence of dry fruit aromas well balanced with the touch of toasty notes from the oak.
On the palate it is soft and velvety. Intense aroma of dry fruits combined with vanilla and toasty notes from the barrel. Persistent and pleasant aftertaste.